ALPINA Partners is a European technology growth investment firm.
ALPINA PARTNERS is owner-managed and independent. The funds are provided by long-term institutional investors, family offices and the Alpina investment team. The firm has over € 300 million in assets under management.
ALPINA differentiates itself by its entrepreneurial spirit, a strong international network, a true passion for growth and technology, a high flexibility in terms of transaction structures as well as a fast and transparent approach towards decision-making.
ALPINA is supported by the European Union through the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Program (CIP).
WHO WE ARE
ALPINA Capital Partners („ALPINA“) is a European technology growth investment firm.
- ALPINA is independent and owner-managed.
- The investment team is a substantial investor in the funds alongside well-respected long-term institutions and family offices.
- ALPINA has over € 300 million in assets under management.
- Our team has proven industry experience in the technology sector, strong international work experience and a global network.
WHAT WE DO
ALPINA invests in leading European technology businesses.
- ALPINA focusses on European growth companies with a strong technical USP.
- We are highly flexible in terms of transaction structures and render a variety of deals including minority growth capital investments as well as leveraged buyouts.
- We invest in four distinctive technology sectors, which offer exciting investment opportunities (see “Strategy”).
- As a PRI signatory we are committed to the Principles for Responsible Investment.
HOW ALPINA PARTNERS ADD VALUE
ALPINA helps to unlock the growth potential of technology companies.
- We are a long-term investor focussing on sustainable value creation.
- We support management teams on their growth path as sparring partners on board level.
- We help companies to shape their growth strategy in order to internationalize technology businesses.
- We leverage our strong global network to provide relevant contacts and expertise.
- We invest in the following four sectors: software, chemicals and materials, industrials and technology-enabled business services
- We focus on Europe with an emphasis on DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland), Benelux, the UK, Ireland, and the Nordic region
- We invest between € 7.5 and 15 million per deal (up to € 30 million together with co-investing LPs)
INVESTMENT CRITERIA FOR ALPINA PARTNERS
- High-quality products or services with strong technical USP and ideally defensible intellectual property
- Strong organic and / or acquisitive growth potential
- Strong barriers to entry
- At least € 10 million revenue during the last twelve months
- Scalable business models
- EBITDA > 0
- Strong ESG credentials (in particularly a positive environmental impact)
- Majority and minority investments
- Growth capital investments
- Leveraged buyouts
- Succession situations
- Management buyouts
- Management buy-ins
- Owner buyouts
- Corporate carve-outs
- Complex financial and structural situations